Up the Orme today

Yep, looks like a good day in prospect so far. If anything, I think the wind will be pretty strong up the Orme - its normally at least 30% higher than forecasted sea level winds, but over the last few days, we have been seeing over double that of the forecast.
I predict at least 30 - 40 MPH and the forecasted direction puts us bang on the main bowl.

Advert

Oh well kev, that means more stickies for us !

Andy - I dont want to look at any more toys at all as my resistance is very poor, and I already have too many models of one sort or another, well thats what SWMBO says
PS hope the swelling goes down soon - I have calculated your claim for injury as approximately 37 Pence. If you submit your claim form to my lawyers, it will be given due consideration, and then burnt, or thrown off the Orme, whichever comes first.

Well, you missed a fantastic day. I was flying at 10 before the rain started and snatched a few inbetween the showers. By noon it had all gone and the sun came out. Wind was about 25 and the lift was one of those rare days when it was near to perfect, bouyant, smooth and just everywhere. A few mates had arrived by then and we all flew everything we had in the car. That was 12 models for me!
Highlight was spinning the Luna down to the LZ from 500ft up and popping crow at the end of the spin 10ft from the deck to a perfect greaser!

F-20 got another airing and the Jart LT and my Kestrel were just ripping.

We eventually left for a chippy tea at 7pm

Hope to repeat it all again soom time soon.

Andy