CMPro Leo F3A - any good?

quick question. Has anyone bought one and flown it. What is you opinion on it, especially regarding build quality as i have had an Infinity 90 from probuild and the build quality is poor, which is a shame as in the air it is second to none. Thanks

Edited By Oliver Giles on 31/08/2009 18:37:33

Yes I have bought one and have been flying it this summer when I can. I have been using an OS 120Fs pumper with a 14x10 APC. I must say it flies very well and does all the areos you could wish for, although landing needs care if you slow it up too much.

Which brings me to my next point - the U/C arrangement is pitiful with the legs on it no bigger than on my Cmpro Quest 50 and expected to carry 3x the weight. Also the U/C being so short it's easy to foul the prop on the floor with a bouncy arrival.

Also the ply plate housing the U/C is not up to scratch and gaveway on the second flight. I replaced it with 1/4" birchwood ply sheet and epoxy resin bandage, this has solved the problem. I also bought a better UC from Carboncopy.
 Hope this is useful.