Wave

dbasP

Hi flyboy3 lol thats sounds funny , thanks for the compliment .
Yes the best way is to go electric its clean , reliable and less noise and that can be very handy for flying on some locations with water and were people try to relax.

What can I say else than go for it you will enjoy this model and have great fun flying from water.

Ton

Advert

• 11 months later...

Hi there, finally made some time to finish the Wave (was finished for 98% over a year ago blush). Flew it today without any problem. Had to shift the Lipo a bit forward, zero trim required. Should go back to the lake together with Ton soon cool

Building the Wave

Almost done

Here we go

And liftoff

And a little movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNANpWBzwMk

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 14/07/2013 17:40:44

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I'm finally building this beautyfull plane. (I'm going to spend a week on august on a lake).

I'm building it out of depron an balsa, but I'm unsure how to build the floats strong enough and how to waterproof everything.

As soon as possible I'll post some picture

Hi Maicol,

Great to know you like the Wave even better that you could be flying it for a week in august.

Sounds good depron and balsa but what part will be depron and what will be balsa.

There are a lot of seaplane made of depron which does not need any waterproofing.

The Balsa can be done with oracover or any other covering material.

The floats can be made of ply with the float it self made of depron.

Looking forward to your pics.

Ton

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ton,

Here are some pics

building wavewing & motor mountmore internal

I had in mind to build the floats just in the way You described, but i fear I've to makemy structure a bit stronger in the wing.

floats support 1

About a thing I'm unsure... The angle of incidence the wing should have... Having build it out of materials with different thickness from what stated in the plan not everything is perfect and need some trimming. The wing is one of this...

Hi Maicol,

Sorry for my late reply have some problems with the pc at home.

The Wave looks great, looks to me that depron works great on the Wave.

Yes the construction in the wing must be strong , its better to break a float than damage the wing when something go's wrong.

Think your going in the right direction using balsa and depron , think best is to use aluminium as a support for the float arm to screw against , with the aluminium piece sand witches between balsa on both sides because that will be strong enough.

Looking forward to some more pics.

Ton

• 4 years later...

Welcome to the forum Toby, thanks for sharing. Some nice shots of your Wave, which looks like a great model. Flying off water is a lot of fun, it is surprising that there are not more 'water fanciers' out there, although finding a suitable site can be difficult, especially if you don't want to risk losing the model.