Easy Pigeon

Have just purchased the above to fit in the car boot when away and am starting to assemble, which is quite straight forward.

However a few questions which I hope somebody with knowledge of this model can help

1 A velcro strip is fitted to hold the battery but is only looped round the front.  I assume this method is used in order that the CoG can be adjusted.  There is no retainer to the rear of the battery and a "battery block" is shown at the front of the servo tray but not fitted.  Would I retain the battery by fitting elastic bands to pull the battery towards the velcro?

2  My ESC has a switch for switching On/off.  There is a small oblong at the canopy which I assume is cut out to fit switch?

3   Instructions suggest battery can be access by taking off canopy rather than removing the wing.  Can this be held on with velcro?

4   I have experience of IC flight and am not sure how different this will be at a basic level.  Should I wait for a totally cam day ?

Really looking forward to this and any help would be appreciated.

Advert

Thanks Eric.

I had given some thought to eliminating the switch but as the canopy needs two screws to remove I installed it.  I was offered a couple of pin locks to fit to the canopy  and will now go down that avenue.

On reflection it would appear that a large number of the electric fliers do as you recommend and I will follow suit.

Roll on tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Hamish

i have had a couple of EPs found it easy to fly with power off. I found that the basic 600 motor set up gave a very poor climb rate. If you are happy with yours, fine, if not I re motored mine with good results.

I have put an emax 2815 (970 Kv) outrunner motor in with a 60 amp esc and   a Lipo 3s 1 P 2250 mah power pack and a seperate NiMh receiver pack., coupled to a 11 x 6 Graupner folding prop, the climb is quick and almost vertical, ( I only use 1/2 throttle mostly)

Those 3 items cost me approx £60 from Giantcod RC., the prop cost £20. If you get to the stage where you want a much faster climb and the ability to penetrate into wind this set up is good for me. Any questions email me direct at [email protected] be glad to help.
Good luck

Thanks Derek

Still very much a novice and yet to a long flight in good conditions.  Have it with me as I off to France tomorrow and hope to get some experience.

In another post I have commented about being sold what I consider being old stock in Nihm and charger when I should have been advised to go Lipo way.  A bit expensive to change at this point of time to what you are suggesting.

Had damaged the original prop and again being led to believe I needed such and such paid quite a lot for what is a good looking replacement.  Have now found GC and more realistic prices.  Now on 8x5 CAM prop.  Have a couple of others which I can try