Irvine Tutor 40 - out of stock everywhere

Russ1974

Having decided on an Irvine Tutor 40 as my first IC trainer, I get my credit card out, and spend hours hunting online to find that everywhere is out of stock!  One site had a cryptic message about the model being redesigned, so I am assuming that the supplier is not shipping any of the old model any more, and I can't find an ETA for the replacement.

Does anybody have any more information on the Tutor 40 stock status or even happen to have one sitting next to them brand new in a box to sell to me?

I'd spent ages looking at all the different types and speaking to people at the local club and had my heart set on the Tutor 40.  I know there are other similar ones around, it's just a bit frustrating having chosen the one I wanted to get only to then find out it was unavailable

I do have a few other models as backups, those above included, but would prefer to try all avenues to track down a Tutor 40 first!

Thanks,
Russ.

Edited By Russ1974 on 21/09/2009 09:52:35

• 1 month later...
Russ, know what it feels like to set your heart on something then have to change your plans, but if your looking for something else I can definately recommend the Seagull arising star.I got mine as my first ever model in August, I found it easy enough to build and I have just managed my first solo flights without my instructor on the buddy lead. It's pretty tough as well, I only had to straighten the nose wheel after a couple of hard landings/arrivals. Lee.

Arising Star, I can whole-heartedly recommend. I am learning on one myself. There is another guy at our club that has an Irvine and without doubt my Arising Star flies better than the Irvine and handles the wind better as well.

That is not just my opinion but also my Instructors and the guy that owns the Irvine as well.

Good luck with your trainer no matter, which you end up with.

Just my 2 cents

Edited By Simuk on 14/11/2009 18:14:55

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...