Hyperion 25e series

I'm looking at buying a 30e/25e size 3D model on the extra, edge, sukhoi, MX or katana lines and like the look of the Hyperion Edge 540 and Sukhoi Su 31. Has anyone any experience of these aircraft, or indeed any of the other hyperion 25e series (i'm interested in build quality and how they fly 3D mainly).

Alternatively, if anyone can suggest any other suitable 30e size 3D aerobats for a reasonable price (e.g. I can't afford £150 for the sebart katana ) i'd like to hear about them.

• 3 weeks later...
Advert

Hi David

The Hyperion range of models plus motors & esc's are all available from Robotbirds & look very good I have to say. If you have 5 mins dive into their website & have a look.

I was considerring the Overlander extra 260 30e model for myself a month or two ago but ended up going for the YT International Zlin 50L which I felt was more an aircraft from my teenage years & the colour scheme looks great. Jonathan is looking for an Edge or Extra because it is his era & more 3d capable (he hopes) hence the request for the experience of others.

Heres hoping for a few more replies.

Thanks David

I think i've decided on the Edge so unless anyone says they're really bad thats what i'll go for. I'm also going for the new Hyperion ZS3014/14 which is designed to replace the recommended 3019/12, being more efficient. The only thing i can't decide on is the ESC: do i go for the Hyperion Atlas 45A (also from robotbirds) or go slightly safer with the pulso 60A form www.pulso.co.uk?

Just looked at the Phoenix katana on SMC and it weighs an absolute ton compared to the other 30e stuff. i'd expect a standard weight to be about 1-1.2kg (set by the sebart series), but this katana is expected to weigh 1.6-2kg! Not convinced by the quality of the phoenix stuff anyway from some of the reviews how plain they look. sometimes it doesn't really look like they've made an effort.