Topgun Cessna electric foamy model

John  Tee

Sold as a ready to fly model but it's not. this is not the problem.

Bought to take to the Brean flying holiday at the beginning of september. Had about ten trouble free flights then on the first flight on wednesday i plugged the battery into the socket and there was smoke and fire and the wiring burntout melting the plug!!! I managed to pull the battery out of the circuit. I thought i had managed to plug the battery into the polarised plug the wrong way round somehow.

On returning home I replaced the wiring and plug and socket and everything works ok. By chance I was browsing Ebay and saw another of these models for sale. the seller said that he had had the same problem!!

The plug/socket was the small red polarised type used on quite a few smaller electric models, I'm not sure what their called but my replacement was by Jamara. Has anyone else had this problem.

The model otherwise is excellent and flew really well even in the fairly stiff wind that seems to blow each year at Brean