Why is it so differant?

Erfolg

I recently had a thread, "Is my Lipo dead". We concluded, if not dead, it was certainly poorly (good old medical term).

A quick look at the GC site (plus a few others), and I ordered an apparently identical Lipo in size and capacity.

When the Lipo arrived,  two days later. Oh no it isn't, the same size that is!
the posted sizes

67mm, actual 50
35mm, actual 30
15mm, actual 24

the posted sizes were pretty much identical to my Overlander. There weight is identical at 68g

The question is why are Lipos so very different in size, it could be convenient to have a set of standard package envelopes.

As it is I have had to rearrange equipment and add some lead weight, to a very small compact model. Unfortunately i have no photo on the site to post of how tight it is.

Will it make a performance difference I now worry, the additional 40g of ballast .

Erfolg

Advert

Good point.
I get very frustrated with the lack of consistency in labelling motors EDF's etc. Surely it's not too hard to come up with a system like they have for car tyres - width, depth, speed rating How about - max wattage, motor & shaft diameter or something..
Just bought a Wemotec 480 Minifan.....what diameter it is no-one knows without digging around and what diameter motor shaft it takes, again, is a complete mystery without looking it up.... 
Battery sizes and weights are I would guess, pretty important to all modellers. Websites that don't give these details must never sell any - I certainly wouldn't buy without knowing the dimensions. To quote figures that are wrong must be very frustrating and, in your case led to more work.