Hi
This is my first ever post so please be gentle.I bought a flycam a couple of months ago but have only just got round to trying it out.The thing is it works fine in the workshop but as soon as i put it on a plane it shuts off.After much messing and fiddleing i have found that the slightest tap or jolt causes it to switch off.Can anyone help or have i just bought a dud ?.I bought it from Robotbirds but no longer have the receipt so if it is a dud is there anywhere that might be able to repair it.Thanks  Phil,                                                                                           

Advert

Hi Phil,
Just so that you don't think you're being ignored..
I'm sad to say I haven't any experience of on-board cameras but it does sound to me like you have a connection problem. If it is as simple as a loose contact maybe someone like Jessops could give you a steer in terms of local camera repairers / sparkies that might be able to help. Failing that there's always the internet. 
Anyway - good luck. 

P.S I don't suppose you bought it using a credit card? You may find that this could be traced back to the Robotbirds transaction or even that you have some insurance cover that you can use? I'd call Robotbirds and see if they'll help despite the lack of receipt -they keep excellent transaction records.

Sorry it is the v2.i have taken the plunge and took the back off and it appears to be a dry joint somewhere but the components are so minute it is impossible to see which one.I think i may have to admit its a duff.I am going to wait and see how the new eco cam shapes up and probably try that one.Thanks for the replies by the way.

Eureka i think i have sorted it.Found that the memery card holder was touching another component when the camera was slightly tapped.A bit of inslation tape between the components appears to have fixed it.If the weather is o.k. tomorrow i will put it on my electric junior 60 and give it a go.I will let you know the results.
Cheers Phil.

Tried it on the electric junior sixty early this morning.Took off and landed and hooray it was still running.Went  to down load the footage and guess what ? card empty Grrrrrrrr. Resisted my normal action of if by the 29th attempt you don,t succeed hit it with a big hammer and took it apart again.Realised that the reason the memory card holder was moving was due to a failed solder joint.A quick dab of solder and fastened it to my well used twin jet as it was a bit too breezy for the junior sixty and hallelujah  we have video.Hope this is the end of the saga and again thanks to the people who took the time to reply.
P.S. if i get any decent footage i will try and post it.