Colomban Luciole

Yes, never tried flaps before but as you said, absolutely no change in pitch.  just as well because my Tx doesn't have any flap/elevator mixing available.

It looks like its going to be a great weekend flyer - the engine starts instantly, sounds great and everyone wants to ask questions about it.  I guess it spoils the lines of the aircraft without the cowl and spinner but I kind off like it - what were you saying in your build article about it not being ugly - just different.  Mine's "differenter" still.  Also helps with keeping it cool until it gets into the air - I have heard they can overheat very quickly without good airflow.

Still haven't made up my mind what to tackle next.  I have a Pica Jungmeister which I bought second hand (untouched in the box) and that is calling.  I also have a Precedent Stampe kit which has a few bits missing but nothing that cant be recreated.  I'm sure I can fit a Super Trooper in quickly first - I'll have to get someone else in our club interested in CL though as its pretty much died out.  You may find the following website dedicated to the early years of the Control Line flying in Aust of interest http://www.dkd.net/clmodels/.

Glad you're still churning them out - I avidly await each RCM&E issue to see what you're doing next

Cheers

Advert

Peter,

why not start a post with those models already.

Would love to see some pics if you have any already.

I am waiting myself with two models for pics to send it in.

Looks like making good pics is more difficult than designing and building a new model.

Ton 

Posted by Peter Miller on 21/02/2010 08:19:53:

I have just finished the drawings for a 48" 1/6th scale Wittman Tailwind.

I have two models waiting for flying pictures before I can send them off. Two Saturdays have been perfect and then Sunday turns lousy. I will probaly end up with three waiting for the flying shots.

Peter,

Thanks for he pics some nice planes you have there.

Always find the Pawnee a ugly plane, but than again always have the feeling that I have to build one
There are some awesome vids on youtube from his big brother the flying is really fantastic.

Love the shape of the wing on the Harmony should look great in the air.

Do you have every month a new design.

Ton

• 5 months later...