mSR Flying & Test

Delta Whiskey

....just been flying my mSR around the living room, annoying the hell out of the Mrs, whose watching c*appy X Factor & Strictly at the same time, hence why I'm flying in the first place, and a question came to mind.....

.......can you take you A test on the mSR for example or other small helis indoors or even outside if you picked a good day, or is there a minimum / maximum size or other red tape, or have I found a loop hole!

Advert

At our indoor sesions we've had the same discusion. More so with fixed wing then heli but the same thing really. I've read somewere that the aircraft involved with the test must wiegh over 1kg, but i cant find it again. I may be wrong. As a fixed wing flyer I cant remember what the requierments are for heli tests. maybe we can but no one has done it yet.

Maybe we should introduce and indoor heli + fixed wing "A"+"B" tasts?
Anyone going to do it and submite the results to the BMFA?

Want an MSR for xmas have droped enough hints to wife! they as good as they look?

Dave,  the 1kg min. for fixed wing A and B tests is a new rule passed at a standards committee meeting in the past month or so and due (I think) to come into effect from 1 Jan 2010.  However an examiner should only accept  "suitable" aircraft to be used for tests and most examiners would probably reject an attempt to take an test with a shock flyer or similar.

As for helis I believe the requirements already state that the test has to be carried out outdoors - or maybe that was a recent change too?

• 1 month later...
Can help here as someone who sits on Areas council and the Achievement scheme review committee.

Firstly MSR for tests, at the moment heli tests must be taken outdoors and it is the candidates  responsibility to turn up with a suitable model. Conta rotating helis cannot be used. The MSR, it could be argued could be used as it's not contra rotating, personally I would hope any examiner worth his salt would refuse to accept an MSR for a test. Perhaps we need a minimum weight limit for heli tests too. The minimum weight of 1kg is being introduced on 1st Jan for fixed wing power tests as there have been instances of individuals turning up for the tests with shockies.

As to an indoor achievement scheme, it is already under discussion, for fixed wing initially, a discussion document is out there and is on page 17 of the following  minutes  http://www.bmfa.org/meetings/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Provisional-Area-Council-Mins-090926.pdf

As you can see it has been aimed as an Indoor aerobatic achievement scheme and is purely for discussion at the moment.

Edited By Andy Symons on 28/11/2009 22:51:03