70 MPH on the top today

The brave souls who joined us up the big rock at 10 AM today got to experience slope soaring at the other end of the beaufort scale today!  Top of the ridge full on Westerly recorded 65 ...gusting 72 MPH on my anemometer. We decided to drop down on to the lower ledge and did all take offs and "arrivals" down there in the relatively calmer 52 MPH full on blast. Lots of foamy fun, my unballasted WT 46 went up first to test the conditions, and battled her way out through some pretty wicked turbulence and shear to then fly fast and smooth over the white horses of the Irish sea. Soon joined by Iawnski, Paul, Richard, Darran, Steve, Polyfilla Mikey and Chester we all had great combat fun, and flew until the rain started coming in at 60 MPH too - hot coffee and stickie buns galore as usual, and back home to dry out at around 15.30.
Back tomorrow for some more

Advert

well what a day, blooming great ,met up with timbo at asda for brekky,on the rock for 1000hrs met with a fierce wind of 65+ ,the old guy chucked off his wt checked the air ,and bang we were all at it combat .there was a few there who have never flown in this wind before and they did fantastic ,but the turbulence was horrific on the edge ,isaw something i aint seen before on the edge ?yep your friendly moderator launching a epp for me with him faceing looking at me and lobing it off over his head ,frightening when i think of it, no not the launch but timbo giving me the evil eye as he launches  erie lol, saw a few of the gang  doing the walk of shame as there models went out of site over the ridge and far away ,er i did s well but shsssssssss, left about 1545 and looks like a few hrs in the workshop for me and paul with the wt need a bit of tlc,but we   had a great day again  and as usual with a cracking bunch of guys, it was great to see polli there with his gang and glad hes better nice one polli , cu all soon iawnski

Posted by Phil Wood - Moderator on 26/10/2009 01:48:29:
Young "Chester" is Mikey's recent introduction to the hobby.....(Mike just married his sister) .....
Mike has buddied him through baptism and deserted him on the insurance claims ...but here it looks like he's been voted "Combat Judge."

HE WASN'T PLEASED..............Look what he found.....A highly sophisticated group of S.L.O.M.S.

And one even went A.W.O.L.............Thankfully downwind.

Polyphilla.

And just who gave Mikey the key to the executive restrooms