SONIC Aerobatic 2.5m

Hello,
Im in search of any information for the Sonic 2.5m aerobatic sailplane made by a flying club in the UK somewhere. Its called the "Breton Sonic". I'd like to get in touch with somebody who knows about the model, the wherabouts of plans and figures if possible. Or even a pair of planes for sale for our new "Pairs Aerobatic Team".

Thanks very much...Eric

Advert

Posted by Andy Burgoyne on 27/10/2009 23:05:06:
The clue is in the name   Breton Sonic   as in French   not sure where you got the UK reference from ....I have a feeling that Lee,s was possibly an Airtech Sonic and not really a breton one . try here http://www.airtech-rc.com/

Andy

Thanks Andy very much...Your right, its not UK. The French deserve the credit. Airtech contacted me today to say they have the fuselage in stock. Waiting on price. I did find the original Breton plans, dimensions and weights as well. So, i will scratch build the plane.

The other piece of info i really need is the French flying club that originally developed the Sonic. Any email contacts would really help so i can begin the set ups.

Regards, Eric

Have a look at this thread, there's quite a bit of discusion about the Sonic: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1130761

My understanding is that Lee Morgan's old Sonic was in fact a Breton version:  I remember when it was for sale as a kit (I almost got it..), it was then bought by the Doc, who sold it to Lee...

Chris

Chris,
Yes, that is my thread i started a few weeks ago to spotlite slope aerobatic and VTPR planes, and through it i have found i have to have a pair of Sonics!

BTW, how can i get ahold of the guys that have built the Excalibur and Sonic? Maybe they can help me out to put together a couple of Sonics? We want to perform "Pairs VTPR".

Who is Doc. Any contact info?

Thanks, Eric

Ha ha:  I'm cvanscho / Woodstock!

The Doc is Clive Metcalfe (metcalfclive on RCMF forum), he assembled that Sonic kit, absolutely hated it, and sold it on to Lee!  Clive is really a power flyer, and his requirements may be a bit different to others, I dunno.

All I know is that Aitech in France will make you fuses (Sonic, Jedi, etc.) if you ask them; wings will have to be your own effort (there are guys that will cut foam wings for you given the coordinates).

Maybe the next step in the great Breton Sonic story is to ask Lee who he sold it to: maybe the guy isn't all that happy with it?

Edited By Chris van Schoor on 29/10/2009 20:46:25

Hi cvanscho...how small the world is hahaha...

Well, we are already in contact with Olivier at Airtech on the fuselage. Said he has them but no price yet.  I can get the cores cut. My current goal though is to find out the exact airfoils used on Guillaume Leroyer's plane we see in videos. I think i know what they are on the transitions, just need to make sure before i start cutting. Once i have that info im a happy man!

Thanks for the info...EJ