Power pod problems

I have fitted a power pod to a slope glider 130ish watt should be fine but. The high thrust line seems to push the nose down in my hand and a test glide was fine until the power was put on the nose went down straight away.  No damage but that was it for the day. I have up thrust in the pod and the C.G. of the plane is fine .any ideas .

Cheers

Advert

More up thrust required.  If the thrust line is well above the wing quite a lot may be needed.  It's a leverage thing....

I think the thrust line is acting against the centre of pressure which might explain why it feels like it's pushing the nose down when you're holding it. 

Edited By Martin Harris on 11/11/2009 22:41:55

I have used power pods equipped with Cox Baby-Bee 0.049 motors on gliders up to 100" wingspan and the thrust line on those was much the same as Eric is suggesting with the rear end of the thrust line pointing around the tail of the fuselage.

Seemed to work for me especially with no posibillity of shutting the motor down until the motor runs out of fuel !