Helicopter setup help

Rookie

hi guys,
              i have got the same heli as rookie and i have set it up the same as rookie but have just 1 issues when its off the ground and hovering  when i push right stick forward my heli is going backwards and  when pulling right stick back heli goes forward, any help would be much appreciated guys

thanks

darrel

Hi and welcome to the site Darrel,
please check out the newbie area of this great site

now to the hopefull answer:
Have you tried reversing the elevator servo settings on your transmitter ??
you might have to also reverse the ailreon and throttle stick settings BUT IF YOU DO PLEASE DISCONNECT THE MOTOR FROM THE ESC FIRST.

which TX have you got ?

rob

Edited By Robert Bromwich on 15/11/2009 13:50:18

Edited By Robert Bromwich on 15/11/2009 13:54:21

Just a quick question....if you connect the battery and have power to the motor and servos etc....then turn on the Transmitter....what are the chances of the throttle powering up even with throttle stick on idle?

Edited By Rookie on 15/11/2009 14:39:40

Alway turn the transmitter on first never the other way round
as one thing you could have transmitter on wrong model etc

if you are going to mess around with your heli please disconnect the esc from motor or move motor cog away from main drive train

safety first and for most
as soon as you connect the main battery the heli is live and should be handled with great care always !!

rob

Edited By Robert Bromwich on 15/11/2009 15:29:20

Hello all, i had 5 great hover sessions, then tried rudder left with tail towards me and heli rotated right, so i landed, reversed rudder, then took off and the heli acted strange, so i lowered throttle to idle and it came down a bit hard and broke the undercarriage cross member, is there an aluminium cross member i can get for this heli?

Many thanks.

It's not as simple as just reversing the rudder servo, Rookie. The gyro setup is just as important and it is inextricably linked to the servo - both must be 'talking' to each other and making sense. Everything about a heli setup must be done in a strict sequence because every input you make requires some compensation from the other controls.

I'm not experienced enough to get my head around the problems with your setup so I'd better not try.

Here's  one supplier who may have what you need - there are many others - just Google the model name.

Forgive me for saying it but I'm a bit concerned that you are an accident waiting to happen - helicopters can and do bite - just have a look at this thread if you need convincing. It's a great hobby but can seem very unimportant after someone has been seriously injured. There's only one way to enjoy this game - and that is safely

Please try and absorb as much knowledge as you can - there's a huge amount of informatio on the various forums. You'll enjoy it even more when you understand why something happens when it does

Pete

may i just say that it sounds like when you read my posts you see me standing right on top of the helicopter while trying to set it up while flying......i do stand a fair distance from the helicopter and am always VERY cautious from just before i connect the battery, right up till i have disconnected the battery.

Having said that i do understand why everyone feel the need to warn people...and maybe scare some people from taking up Heli's as a hobby (albeit a dangerous hobby if you think of them as toys and dont respect the dangers).

I shall look at the above threads, but i need no convincing of the DANGERS as i am not a brain dead idiot.

Many thanks.

Hi again, spoke to my LHS where i purchased the heli and he said all i need to do is reverse the rudder channel, but what i will do for now is leave it as it was before i landed heavy as i am only practising hovering atm.

My new undercarriage will be here tomorrow, but weather is supposed to be horrid in the west so no flying yet.

• 2 years later...