dead stick....and dead everything else

Tom McDade

Hi guys.
After a flight I took my plane (leccy) home and stored her as per usual. The next day I took her out and tested her before going out(Like all good little pilots should)but nothing happened. When I flicked the switch on the plane the servos twitched as per usual but nothing when I tried the controls. The battery is full. the batteries in the radio are full.
I tried my crystal in my dads radio but nothing.

1.Can my reciever get damaged easily?

2.Is the order in which I switch on and off critical?

3.Can Crystals get damaged easily?

If any one can help me get my boomerang back up and flying I'd be grateful.
regards
Tom

Advert

When you switched on, did the servos jump to their neutral positions? If not I would suspect the battery or battery connections.
As for rx, yes they can get damaged or just fail, but rarely. Take it out and test it on a bench with a different crystal and a single servo, also if that fails try a different battery pack.

What radio are you using....because the Spektrum certainly can appear "dead" if the switch on sequence is not followed correctly. It is good common practice anyway to always do the following sequence.
SWITCHING ON - tr first, receiver second.
SWITCHING OFF - receiver off, then tr off.
As you stated you tried crystals in another radio, I guess this rules out 2.4Ghz as your chosen radio :)
Crystals can get damaged easily, they are actually VERY delicate little things...after any very hard landing /arrival /crash they should be checked. If actually crashed, I recommend they be disposed of, and replaced.

hey Guys
Thanx for the info, The servos do jump when switched on and sometimes when I turn the radio off the motor starts (I have the cuts to prove it)
from what it sounds like the Rx crystal is knackered. I'll test it with a new set.....if any one has any tips please let me know. can the buddy lead affect things???