South Bedfordshire New Model Club

Big T

July 2009 saw the opening of a brand new BMFA affiliated model flying club in Bedfordshire with the emphasis on relaxed , safe,  fun.,  The Chiltern Model Flying Club has a 22 acre private flying site on open farmland with secure parking and a club hut.  The site is situated approximately 3 miles north of Luton, near the village of Streatley with easy access from the M1 and A1081.  Further membership information and contact details are available on www.tcmfc.co.uk.  Inquiries from all R/C model fliers of all disciplines are welcome. 

Edited By Tim Arrnold on 19/11/2009 13:24:54

• 5 years later...
Advert

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting... I have been a member at Old Warden for two years now, but it's a club that is focuses almost exclusively on weekday flying, and full size activity makes it a somewhat more involved site to operate at. Looks like you have a nice site there... What are the fees at your club?

Hi Matty B and Monz,

Thank you for your interest,

I'll PM you the Membership Secretary's phone number, Godfrey, to discuss with him as I know we are running some promotional rates at the moment which provide membership through to end 2016, so its best he explains how it works,

All the best

Malcolm

PS the phone number is also on the website contact page

Posted by Monz on 20/09/2015 19:52:31:

Also be keen to know as looking for a club.

Matty, what are the details and cost for joining OW?

I can't remember exactly, but it's extremely cheap for the facilities they have - £35-40 and no joining fee rings a bell. You may have to wait until the end of 2016 though, as there is normally a short waiting list (though there does seem to be a fair rate of turnover). Club Secs details are on the BMFA site, but I will see if I can dig em out now...

Posted by MattyB on 20/09/2015 22:07:33:
Posted by Monz on 20/09/2015 19:52:31:

Also be keen to know as looking for a club.

Matty, what are the details and cost for joining OW?

I can't remember exactly, but it's extremely cheap for the facilities they have - £35-40 and no joining fee rings a bell. You may have to wait until the end of 2016 though, as there is normally a short waiting list (though there does seem to be a fair rate of turnover). Club Secs details are on the BMFA site, but I will see if I can dig em out now...

Hi, I'm a member at OW. It's £35 pounds per year membership (subject to the recent AGM). Flying in the week can be very challenging at times due to full size activities. On the plus side you have a full sizedairfieldto fly from and free entry to the museum. Also there is a resteraunt and toilets onsite and you park not 20 feet from the runway... It's a great day out and you can sit and watchsome amazing aircraft comingin and out while you wait for a slot then have a chat withthe pilots while your having lunch. Excellent value for money you must agree.

Yes, I guess it is very good value for money and a lovely place to fly from, but for me as a w/e flier it just isn't worth the hassle. Obviously quite a few w/es get wiped out due to events, and the increased full size traffic means I have turned up on a number of occasions and had nobody from the club who could spot for me whil I flew. It's a shame, but I don't think I will be renewing this year; I went to TCMFC on Saturday and it's a good site with a relaxed vibe and some nice people, so I will probably be joining there instead (I am going to try out petrol, so I don't want to be scrambling for the deck all the time when a full size comes over!).

Edited By MattyB on 29/09/2015 10:51:46