DX6i trainer jack problem

Advert

Errrrr..........................

"maintenance inside the transmitter"

And that would be what, exactly?

Is (or should I say WAS!) this unit in warranty?

As long as you are not confusing the smell of a PCB's lacquer, and unfortunately "SmelloForums" have not been invented yet, then you'd obviously be ill advised to carry on using it........get it checked out, soon as, by a professional.

Repairing the frankly pathetic attempt at making remotely competent trim tabs that don't snap when there is 0.001n too much force applied to the wretched things.

Dont suppose anyone has meddled with ameteur electronics, it smelt something like that.

A while ago i sent horizon hobby an email about possibly making upgraded trim tabs for the DX6i, no response so i have actually made a mould to have a go at making some pewter trim tabs (purely cause it can be melted with a blowtorch)

To be blunt it seems like they spent most of the DX6i development funds on the bubbly for the annual company party

If you actually looke at the design for the trim tab, i just dont see why they would make it so thin and flimsy.

On mine and my dads transmitters' trim tabs have snapped, we can't be the only ones plagued by these problems and having to wait 7+ days for some bloke in a ware house clipping a new plastic part in then it is sent off

Repairing the frankly pathetic attempt at making remotely competent trim tabs that don't snap when there is 0.001n too much force applied to the wretched things.

Dont suppose anyone has meddled with ameteur electronics, it smelt something like that.

A while ago i sent horizon hobby an email about possibly making upgraded trim tabs for the DX6i, no response so i have actually made a mould to have a go at making some pewter trim tabs (purely cause it can be melted with a blowtorch)

To be blunt it seems like they spent most of the DX6i development funds on the bubbly for the annual company party

If you actually looke at the design for the trim tab, i just dont see why they would make it so thin and flimsy.

On mine and my dads transmitters' trim tabs have snapped, we can't be the only ones plagued by these problems and having to wait 7+ days for some bloke in a ware house clipping a new plastic part in then it is sent off

Peter, one of the trim tabs on my 18 month old DX6i went about 4 months ago, so I phoned Horizon and they advised that there was a new design, at the time they didn't have any of those as spare (but sent me an old style one straight away)

I still have this as a spare as I managed to repair the old trim tab with Cyano and used this to create a fillet around the break point, so far it has been fine.

Shame nobody stocks these Metal Trim Tabs in the UK