WOT Trainer engine mount

andrew wise 2

I am putting together a ARTF WOT Trainer, simple you might think, it might be if the instructions told me what I need to know. The engine bearers on the two part mount are offset from centre but the mount will fit either way up. My question is which way round should the mount be fitted. One way raises the engine about 12mm higher than the other. All you guys who are flying the WOT Trainers which way round have you fitted it?

• 7 months later...
Advert

Mine's mounted "upside down" as it were. I'm using a GP42 and I didnt want to cut away half of the cowling just to fit the engine in so this was the solution.

At first I was worried that this might upset the thrustline of the whole thing or that the mounts wouldn't like being inverted but I've not had any problem...perhaps Ripmax/Chris Foss want you to mount it whichever way is convinient...?

Rob

Oh I see!
Can't recall where, but I have seen somebody use a sidewinder mount on the WOT...their only point of note was that you might need a little extra weight on the wing opposite the direction the cylinder head is facing to counteract the weight. You may find you don't notice it if you don't bother as well though