BMFA Electric Indoor Masters. What a weekend!!

A bit of history first, about this time last year the first UK F3P championships took place, the brainchild of Andy Whitehead who many will know from Model Shop Leeds, a very successfull 1 day comp held at a Leeds venue that wasn't ideal but nevertheless a very successfull day anyway. Well with the support of the BMFA and a new venue in Bradford, an international and truly world class field of pilots and two days to fill the 1st BMFA Electric Indoor Masters took place over this past weekend, and it has to be said it was a complete success.

Competitions were held in

F3P-A, F3P-B,F3P-C, Aeromusical, freestyle and a new Indoor pylon racing class.

the F3P comps are indoor pattern aerobatics, aeromusical is fairly self explanatory, pretty much anything goes in the freestyle and the pylon racing was  a single model (designed by Andy Whitehead) hoot!!  

Results were as follows

F3P-C

1st: Neil Shields
2nd:Gordon Mccrea
3rd: Adam Lomax

F3P-B:

1st: Connor Stephenson
2nd: Robert Graham
3rd: Andy Rigby

F3P-A

1st: Donatas (Lithuania)
2nd: Carl Olsson (Sweden)
3rd: Nicolas Pietu (France)

Aeromusical

1st: Derk Van Der Vecht (Holland)
2nd: Donatas
3rd: Carl Olsson

Freestyle

1st: Donatas
2nd: Derk Van Der Vecht
3rd: Connor Stephenson

Pylon

1st: Der Van Der Vecht
2nd: Ian Watson
3rd Simon McNeil

Synchro

1st: Derk and Bert Van Der Vecht
2nd: Gordon Mcrea and Harry Reid & the leprechaun **
3rd: Nicols Pietu & Loic Haux
4th: Simon McNeil & Chris Currie **

** Neither had ever flown a synchro routine and made them up twenty minuets before the event started. No Practice flight and did a great day of entertaining us all

Katie Anne Whitehead Memorial Trophy

Derk Van Der Vecht

BMFA Northern Area Champions Trophy

Connor Stephenson

A very well done to all involved!!

Advert

A clubmate of mine and forum visitor ( barnseyboy ) was also present, and a darn good flier too and tells me that Derk was simply in a whole other dimension...absolutely in another league etc.....He also tells me that a young Graham Roscoe of the Wirral ( Arrowe park ) club also did extremely well, winning I believe for the home brewed british contingency. A smashing lad and all round excellent young flier who I have seen fly several times at our club and others.
He is pictured above in one of your snaps.

Edited By Timbo - Administrator on 11/12/2009 17:48:29

Posted by Adam Lomax on 11/12/2009 20:38:28:
standing with your legs really far apart helps you to get your centre manouvers spot on the centre line 
(so you dont turn your body) well it helps me anyway!

Edited By Adam Lomax on 11/12/2009 20:38:54

I just assumed he was taught to fly by the chaps from Status Quo!!

I have to agree, what a superb weekend. Unbelievable flying and such a great  atmosphere.

Most of the AM, Freestyle and a few demo flights are up on the YouTube link above, but unfortunetly I missed filming Saturdays flight do to "Official Duties" .Hopefully someone else has  managed to film them.

I'd just like to thank Andy Whitehead for putting the whole event together, Andy Symons for keeping the judges in check (..lol) and the whole crew who kept things running so smoothly.

Roll on 2010 !