LiPo battery on eBay

This might be of interest to anyone else who buys from HK.
A few days ago I ordered a Loong Max battery (Giant Cod are out of stock of this one) from Plus2City, a retailer I have used several times with no problem.
The battery is and was described as a LM lipo and there was a photo of a Loong Max battery in the listing.
I have just looked again at the listing and the words Loong Max on the photo have been partially covered up with a crude wording 'Plus2city' in fact it is so poor that it overlaps the edge. This has been done since I ordered it.

I wonder what is going on here? It will be interesting to see exactly what item eventually arrives! 

Advert

The battery arrived just after midday. It says Loong Max on the label.

I paid £18.41 with free P&P for mine, (3S 2250) plus I bought some other parts that were much cheaper than the UK in the same order
Exactly the same battery from GC is £13.87 plus whatever P&P they put on it and as I said, GC were out of stock at the time I ordered it.

Richard,
I buy all my lipos from HK now.
The site is called hobbyking and they offer Rhino, flightmax, Turniguy and loong max.
I ordered 3 Turniguy 2200Mah 3 cell at 20C constant and with postage it came to just over £30.
I did order some off ebay once but when they arived they were only 15C and not 20C like they advertised.
try hobbycity.com and see what you come up with. takes up to 3 weeks to come but the savings are worth it.

D

You may find that when it comes it will be a loong max battery after all. And if you are not happy and you paid by paypal just go through the complaints proceedure and put it down as "not as described"

Edited By DAVID CLIFFORD on 14/01/2010 15:38:33

Now it has arrived,I'm quite happy with what I have bought. The wording on the advert was not there when I ordered the battery, it has been put on at an angle to try to cover the wording, not like a 'watermark'.

I have used HobbyKing for about a year now. What I like about them is that when you buy something, they tell you the postage and also the weight that you can add to your order before you get into the next postage band - good business.