New ESC or not

Advert

No, I know Whit/BSF but I am talking about in the early 1930s, I speak from experience and did at one time have the Austin/Morris gear, I know for certain the flywheel nut on Austins was their own thread and nothing came anywhere near it, the cyl head studs were also their thread.
As regards all the threads you mentioned above such as Whit/BSF UNC/UNF and Model engineer, Pipe, Cycle, Metric and any other I have forgotten I have in my workshop from the smallest up to about 3/4" as I dont need anything bigger than that and if I do then I can screwcut in the lathe.
Do you mean valve grinding paste for the green stuff, showning my age now but nice to have you join in.
'D'.

Hi Timbo,had a look and of course you are correct but they are for brushless motors or doesnt it matter really which motor you have when it comes down to it. What does the SB bit mean.
Had a bit of advancement this afternoon. Gave my battery I have always used a good charge and when I got it outside and started to run up, after about a couple minutes it started to shut down, I had a new NiMH pack come yesterday so as I had already charged it I put that on and lo and behold no trouble at all and felt I could run all afternoon, so, assumption is that all along the original battery has been a dud, still, learnt a lot and things now must be better, all I want now is a carbon fibre boom as I had a strike and bent the ali one a bit, only people that I can find selling them are out of stock, back to the OS engine principle.
'D'.

Oh sorry Dennis had not realised you were using a brushed motor - thought brushes were just for sweeping the floor with these days LOL
Yes it does matter - you CANNOT used brushed esc with brushless or vica versa.
SB - silly bu**er ( me ) for not realising you had brushed motor.
No Idea.....
sorry about your boom :(
Get a 2s LipO and enjoy it :)

Hi Timbo, sorry for delay, had a bad day or two.
Solved the boom prob managed to get a new ali one. Wont be bothering with the LipOs for a bit got to wear out these new NiMHs I have now first.
Bought a new toy anyway, got a Twister Bell 47 for better or worse, only problem now is changing the tx over to Mode 1 and nobody seems to know how, shop doesnt and nothing in the manual and nothing on their web site.
'D'.

Ah yes...I too have the twister bell 47, and also struggled with setting it up for mode 1 on my own JR PCM9X. I got it sorted eventually, but the trims were on odd levers - NOT where they should have been at all, and it got most fiddly. In the end I gave up and used the tr that comes with it. Sold the PCM9X now anyway....

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Brian, thanks for the info but sorry no luck there either, even Ripmax who supply all the shops over here dont have any, so it was no trouble to get them from USA, Hobby Lobby over there have every part in for every engine and send the bits to you by return. They even send their catalogue every month free as well and its a thick one. You seem to be able to get a few things over there thant you cant get here. Got a Jeti ESC 300H that I couldnt find here but no trouble over there.
'D'.