The Bushwhacker build thread

Allan Jordan

Advert

Hi David,

Many thanks for your words of encouragement. I am very keen on doing this build, unfortunately i missed the second issue with the build article in it, however I am waiting for the importer in South Africa to let me know when / if they get any un-sold back from the stores.

It look like a very nice build, I remember growing up spending many hours parked on my neighbors workbench just watching him build models, way before the time I could afford even a simple radio. Now that I'm in it I have a decent JR 378, and a couple of models I just cant stop , I now have a swing wing on the bench being setup as well.

Think I'll give em a call and ask if they have any issue back yet and get this bird built.

Kind Regards

Robert 

P.S. Condolences about the Rugby,  

• 2 weeks later...

In the latest part on the Bushwacker, making the tank, it tells you to drill the holes for the pipes.

The best way is not to drill them but punch the holes with a nail and then open them to a tight fit.

This makes a  flange and when the pipe is fitted and the dimple filled with solder you get a much better joint that will never crack loose.

We were always taught to do that ever since I started making metal tanks back in the mid 50s.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Good afternoon!
After much flying my beloved Bushwacker has become too fuel soaked to be used, so i'm rebuilding the fuse' tail and rudder. I've got the template of the fuse' sides, but can't find a plan of the tail plane. Would anyone mind getting a tape measure and measuring the span of the tailplane please? Thanks.

Best regards, Ian Whittaker.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Sorry to bring this thread back from the grave, but I was thinking of building a Bushwacker as a 'chuck in the back of the car' model. However, the plan I purchased (from Sarik) contains several errors, and parts of the build (especially the wing) are very different to the description and pictures in the RCM&E build articles.

I know that magazine plans are often re-drawn by different artists to the designer, but am I missing something? Was there ever a revised or re-issues Bushwhacker plan?