Jump to content

Daren Cogdon

Members
  • Posts

    212
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Daren Cogdon's Achievements

92

Reputation

  1. Well, it's just the usual FT Spitfire that I'm trying to do this with. Nothing spectacular.
  2. So my intention was to build a whole airframe from the stuff. 5mm XPS for the fuselage, wings and tail. I plan on having a balsa spar and at least a bit of stiffening via coffee stirrers for the tailplane.
  3. I purchased a few sheets of blue XPS foam from Amazon, just to see what it would be like to use. It's light but fairly flexible, so just wondering if some kind of covering might be in order to help stiffen it up? Paper or tape or something similar?
  4. Thanks for that, Martin. Never thought of the Tamiya stuff, so will look into that one.
  5. Can anyone recommend any good spray paints for using with foam board? Ideally I'm looking for camouflage colours as near as you can get to the usual RAF camo colours (dark earth/dark green/sky/medium sea grey etc). I've had some luck with Plastikote for my pink Spitfires, but not sure that they have anything suitable for the other colours.
  6. "Foamy Squadron" - three FT Spitfires (two 100%, one 85%), and a J-wings Spitfire. (There's a fifth out of shot!)
  7. So I dug out this old project the other day - it's made from 5mm foam sheet, with 3ch (E/A/T) control, and was to be powered by a smaller motor I had lying around. The wing was originally a KFM-2. I was toying with make it from the 5mm West Foam board and using a flat-plate wing section instead. For power, I was thinking of using the setup for the Flite Test Mighty Mini Scout (https://www.flitetest.com/articles/ft-mini-scout-build-mighty-minis) Thoughts?
  8. So, I flew FT Spitfire No.4 twice yesterday. A bit more fettling needed, but we got her flying pretty nicely.....
  9. Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with this one. It's not been a hard build, it's just taken a long time for me to finish it! Since I took these pics, I've added little exhaust stubs made from Depron!
  10. Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with this one. It's not been a hard build, it's just taken a long time for me to finish it! Since I took these pics, I've added little exhaust stubs made from Depron!
  11. This one flew for the first time last night! Needs a good bit of nose weight (and the spinner might have helped if it hadn't needed to be removed!), but it flew pretty well....
  12. I'm looking forward to flying it, if it goes as well as this one.... Now, I'm thinking an RAF scheme with a shark-mouth....!
  13. My model was meant to be the one from the film, not the actual K5054. In the film, it looks a kind of light grey/blue with the usual RAF markings all over.
×
×
  • Create New...