Model Dealers going out,,,

flytilbroke

,,, of business.

No stock =
No sale =
No profit =
no business.

Been looking around the Dealers I have done business with. Every Model, or nearly every Model I have a notion for, reads after the advert on thier Websites.

NOT IN STOCK
or
WAITING FOR STOCK. next month, month after, month after that.

Well, not quite in those words, but sure near enough.

Might just be the Asian Businesses that would like us to build our own the Traditional way

Advert

Flyingtilbroke

The lack of stock, has always been an issue with model shops, in my opinion. The range of models produced,not considering accessories has always been almost infinite, whereas stock room/shop and finance remains finite.

Living in the middle of the country, a trip to the model shop must always been an issue, for you.

The rapid development of shopping on line has , again in my opinion, made a far wider range of goods accessible, also increasing competition. Particularly if you considering purchasing from anywhere in the world.  

Erfolg

Was chatting to a fellow flier only yesterday about setting up a model shop and I had to advise him to be very cautious about buying models for stock, as I have seen so many shops stuck with models that stick on the shelves unsold.

One of the side-effects of ARTF models is that (especially in USA, the biggest market but also here) models suddenly come "into fashion" - (everyone wants one) - and go "out of fashion" - (yesterday's model) - that it is all too easy for shops to get landed with stuff they will never sell once the new lastest must-have comes out.   Manufacturers have the same problem and some find themselves with large stocks of certain models unsold which is a huge financial headache for them.

Because they are so afraid of large unsold stocks it also means that when a new model comes out, if you don't get one quickly they soon become unavailable.  I have been caught out by how quickly successful models have suddently disappeared from the shelves (eg. Seagull Extra 300 EP, Eflite P47) at the height of their success.