Compatability of Ni-MH/li po balancer

Advert

No Ted.You can only charge Lipos with a Lipo charger.There are a set of rules that you must apply,like only charge at 1C max,but there are other threads here that you will find very helpful that are well worth checking out.Good luck.

Hi Ted,
These batteries are like explosives, treat them right and everything is great, get it wrong and you will have a story to relate. There are special rules to be followed and learn them before you try to do any charging. If you go to Puffin Models website there are charging details which I found to be very good and if you have any diffs., John Emms is more than helpful. As you will be advised from many sources do not charge li po's unattended and not on a combustable surface,I do mine on the concrete garage floor after seeing one go wild. Good luck
Brian

"Oh well time to buy anather type of charger to go with my collecton."

you can get basic Lipo chargers for about £15 today. I have the Jamara one from Alshobbies and it does the job with 1-3s packs even if it doesn't have all the flashy options and LCD screens. I have heard of people using nicad chargers but please DON'T if the difference is spending £15 or so on a new charger or thousands on a new house.
Jonathan L