Windows 7

Erfolg

I have a "Reality Craft - RC Plane Master" CD.

This worked well on my Windows 98 SE.

However, to date, I have been unsuccessful in loading the system onto the Widows 7 operating system. I have sent an E-mail to Reality craft seeking advice. To date, possibly a week ago, I have had no reply.

I have also tried to load FMS onto the OS, also with no success.

Does any one have any experience of dealing with either Plane Master, FMS and Windows 7?

Erfolg

Advert

Hi Erfolg (Had to type that three times before I got it right)

If you go to the FMS web site http://www.flying-model-simulator.com/
you will find all the information you need on thier forum. You will need to download a patch to allow Windows 7 to run. The forum topic is:

FMS.http://n.ethz.ch/~mmoeller/fms/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5693&sid=5a5b5cfef76c9e83b4e2950b602ef558

Eamonn.

Hi Erfolg,
Reality Craft sold PlaneMaster & FlightMaster to CML two or three years ago, so any queries should be sent to CML. I found this out when my emails to RealityCraft went unanswered - I Googled a business directory and wound up talking to the father of the guy who used to own Reality Craft.
The contact details are below & I am happy with their service:

Telephone: +44 (0)1527 575349
Fax: +44 (0)1527 570536
Email: [email protected]

I "upgraded" to FlightMaster (it is not compatible with PlaneMaster but you use the same controller) and am happy with the simulator.

Edited By Nifty 50 on 26/03/2010 13:59:21

Tony

I look forward to your method of installation, as to date, I have failed.

I am finding that i do miss the practice of inverted flying etc., as the weather has not completely improved to spring like conditions yet. It is even more infuriating that my Plane Master does not like 7 either.

Regards
Erfolg

RIght, I'm back home and there's a problem.  My fix relied on a registry change to reference a non-existent COM port, and it looks like that change disappears after a reboot.

I need to do some tests, but I'm confident it'll be fixable.

What error message do you actually get?

I got two.  First complaining about the COM port, the error was "Exception EComPort in module in FMS.exe at 0008B728. Registry error (win error code: 2)." or similar.  That's the one the registry hack fixes.

The second one complains about missing "d3drm.dll", and that's easy to fix.  Download the DLL (just google to find it) and put it into "c:\Program Files\FMS"  for 32 bit, or "c:\Program Files (x86)\FMS" if you're on 64 bit.

Time for a bit more testing ....

Right, back after some reboots.   A quick and dirty bodge is to create a .reg file with the following contents .....

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM]
"\\Device\\Serial0"="COM3"

Create that in Notepad. The W of Windows as the first character in the file, and a blank line after the last line.   Name it something like "COMFIX.reg".   If you double-click on that it should import the registry setting, and FMS should run.

Its a bodge because you'll have to do that after a reboot until I work out a better way.

Hope this helps, TonyS

I am issues with the Dll file.

Although there appears to be several sites offering them as "Free downloads", non seem to want to download the said files. Most attempt to do a scan of my machine, which the machine is resisting, reporting that these files could damage my machine and make the machine vulnerable to viruses and spy-ware. These messages repeat.

What am I doing wrong?

Erfolg