Red Ned

James M

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like it is going to be a real winner for those lite lift soaring day's. Thinking of building mine as a pure glider,tho I may do one with a brushless up front as well.

It's nice to see a glider in the plan's line up (what took so long???) ,it goes well with the CL and  Float Plane plan's to show the diversity of this hobby, other than just Depron 3D FunFlyer's.

Ken 

Edited for language:  Chris 

Edited By Chris Card - Moderator on 26/04/2010 06:53:00

• 3 months later...
Hi,
        decided after a year out and repairing existing airframes after a house move that I need to start over with a couple of models so will probably build Ned and Nigels Fling Wing .
I live in south Wales now with lots of big hills and cliff faces hundreds of feet high, perfect sloping terrain especially where you can find old coal slag areas that soak up the heat and produce some humungus thermals,I have watched Buzzards gain a thousand feet in a few minutes from my back garden,

regards,       Terry

My red ned is coming along nicely albeit a little slowly. Spring is nearly here in West Oz and the calm early mornings are great for my foamy C130 Hurcules. I've got four batteries so can enjoy plenty of fly time.
Soon it will be summer with the stiff afternoon sea breezes so I will have to get Red Ned finished so I can keep flying (the foamy doesnt like wind). I am using electric power for big red so I am having to redesign the plans a bit.
 I am still a learner so its just as well that I fly at a big dried up lake bed so when the wind carries big red away I can retreive it with just a lot of walking.

Hey terry, watch out for those high cliff faces or you will need more than the humungus thermals to save you.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, today was good for what Wales is famous for, it hasnt stopped raining for two days and tomorrow is going to be no different.
One thing that made today worthwhile for me was when the wife shouted me to look out of the window at the garage roof, sitting on the edge looking back at me was a juvenile Buzzard looking very wet and miserable and thouroughly fed up with the Welsh weather,

regards,       Terry