Advert

I have a Practical Scale BE2c aircraft. 84" WS fly on a OS70fs not very aerobatic but fly really well . You could build from plan but only if you have had some experience in plans before. The rigging is fundemental in keeping it all together!! You could either borrow or I will get them printed (at cost) or you could buy the model.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a plan by Roy Scott of a BE2e. 84" wingspan. It's featured in the latest Flying Scale Models but I bought mine ages ago. It costs £19.50 from FSM plus £5 p&p. I'm sure a laser cutter like SLEC would cut out the wing ribs and formers if you didn't fancy doing it yourself, then you'd only have to buy the strip wood and you've got a kit!

The Traplet plan is a 1/6th scale BE2c by David Hurrell. It's just over 6 feet  in the wingspan. Code MW2907.

Alternatively there was a 55" rubber powered BE2c published in the Aeromodeller years ago, code FSR 215. My Hobby Store or the X List of plans should be able to get one for you and you could use it as a basis for an R/C model. I knew an old boy in Devon who built one and converted it for RTE powered by an ED Hunter, he'd done a lovely job of it but I never saw it fly unfortunately.

Edited By David Davis Telemaster Sales UK on 09/06/2010 16:22:57