Website Adverts

Chris Bradshaw

Returning To adverts

I buy magazines not only for the journalistic content, but for the the adverts. It is a way of finding
a) Whats is for sale
b) Who is selling what
c) at what price

I have no problem with adverts on the site, except
1) Flashing adverts can be distracting (I realise that this is the equivalent of the full page centre spread).
2) Would like to see more general advertising rather than concentrating on specific product promotion, as seems to be the case at present.

I do think that advertisment placement on the web site should be seen as symbiotic (if that is how it is spelt). But some greater thought needs to go into effective delivery of the advertisers message/messages. Perhaps the site owners can arrange to receive a payment form every sale via the site links (I know they are not there at present). Perhaps the site could be seen as a magazine in its own right, where articles are similar to the paper product, with greater interaction of the viewers ie Forum and more effective for the advertisers/sales.

Regards

Erfolg

Advert

I'm afraid it's a bit of an open and shut case Erfolg. Web ad's are pretty similar the web over. I'd draw a line at those animations that crawl across a page but the flashing boxes flash for a reason...so you click on them. Like any other, the site needs ad' revenue.
Advertisers place adverts on site where there is plenty of page impressions and this site is growing nicely and has reached the size where some large companies want to advertise, I'm rather flattered although going forward I'd like to see more R/C related ad's.

David.

Congratulations, I like to hear about success.

Will be glad to be able to access more adverts.

Could you have an engine that could assemble similar products for the user. An example would be my recent search for an Allen key, by typing in Allen key, your advertisers selling Allen keys could be assembled on a page. I know its only an idea, if its any good, some one will have done it, or the software product will soon be on the market.

Wishing you continued success

Erfolg

• 5 weeks later...

The classifieds ain't the problem. It's all the other pages like this one with 8 moving adverts alone on them.

It kills the scrolling.

I've got no problems with adverts per se as it raises revenue for RCME which makes for a better site but when it affects my enjoyment of the web-site I have to say something.

I suspect the ones here haven't been optimised very well. (because the page slows down when you go past them - strange that!) You just need to look at somewhere like RC Universe who have just as many adverts but everything still runs smoothly.

This site even runs slower than normal at work and I don't have a slow pc there.

Chris 

Thanks Chris

I'll ask the technical boys about it.  We've now approaching 4500 members so that makes us just about the biggest UK site and there is a lot of traffic on all pages. My hope is that as time goes by we can have more R/C related ad's so that if they do annoy, then at least they'll be of more interest and annoy.......if you know what I mean.

The site is one of a group run by Magicalia (scroll to the bottom for the full portfolio) and advertising is sold across the group, nevertheless I'd like relevant ad's on this site going forward.   

David.