Dummy exhausts

Tony Woodhouse

Advert

Like these?

Those are scratch built in glass-fibre by a clubmate and use a really nice technique to get that weathered, rusty look.

They are painted with brick red matt enamels, then have a layer of salt crystals sprinkled on them, before being sprayed with more matt enamel. They they are put into warm water, the salt dissolves, leaving a heavily pitted surface, which has a further light dusting of brick red matt paint to finish. They look incredibly authentic close up.

Might be worth giving Vortex Vacforms a call to see if they have anything suitable.

Here's a link to their webpage

http://www.vortex-vacforms.co.uk/generalpage.htm

- good luck

Edited By leccyflyer on 28/05/2010 18:09:40

Posted by leccyflyer on 28/05/2010 18:07:23:
Like these?

Those are scratch built in glass-fibre by a clubmate and use a really nice technique to get that weathered, rusty look.

They are painted with brick red matt enamels, then have a layer of salt crystals sprinkled on them, before being sprayed with more matt enamel. They they are put into warm water, the salt dissolves, leaving a heavily pitted surface, which has a further light dusting of brick red matt paint to finish. They look incredibly authentic close up.

Might be worth giving Vortex Vacforms a call to see if they have anything suitable.

Here's a link to their webpage

http://www.vortex-vacforms.co.uk/generalpage.htm

- good luck

Edited By leccyflyer on 28/05/2010 18:09:40

These look perfect, many thanks.

Cheers

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
Tony, the above pics show, Squareish type exhaust stubs for the Typhoon, the Hornet ones have a round outlet, this can be changed in the moulding process, if it required, further to my studies on the Merlin stubs, the basic "head layout" didn't change, only for which model/aircraft it was used on, ( someone  correct me if I am wrong.. Erfolg..)
My stubs will be made as a solid unit, you can "Dremel" the out if you wish,  each one a single unit, you can add on the mounting flange if you like, with a outlet of ....( manufactures spec's say 51.2mm, old term = 2") ok at 1/7 that comes down to 7.3mm or 21/32nd... with a base /head  L at 16mm or 5/8" and a W 9mm, the angle down is appox 30Deg and the length is 24mm or 15/16",
How long before you reqiure them, you can Pm me if you wish
A.A.Barry

Edited By A.A. Barry on 09/06/2010 13:09:42