Turnigy 30 amp esc

Got a very hot running std motor in my multiplex easy glider, so hot that it`s melting the foam. i am running a 2 cell lipo ,and a Turnigy 30 amp esc. what  voltage should be going to the std 400 size brushed motor ? I have checked it and getting 8.4v with a fully charged lipo

Advert

All new this xmas. The Turnigy  esc  only lasted 5 mins when the brake stopped working , This was replaced FOC  So this was only its second flight. The brake stopped working again after 5/10 mins .  we had 4 flights and noticed the motor getting very warm.the last time the motor had started to melt the foam and was smoking. we were not flying on full power. only using motor when reqired. as said earlier just running motor very slow at home will had the motor getting that hot that you can not touch it

Is your Turnigy 30A controler a Brushed Motor controler?

I had a problem with overheating using a Turnigy 30A Brushed controler. I discovered that one of the brushes on a new motor had come off which let the brass brush holder rub on the commutator. I replaced the motor and had no more overheating.

Hope this helps.

A cheap but very, very effective set-up is:

HET Typhoon 15/13 £25-00   + suitable 25-30A Speed Controller
Swings a 11 x 4.7 prop (or similar Graupner CAM Prop folder 3.17mm shaft size)
3cell LiPo 2500mAh pack, you'll be up for a minimum of 30mins without thermals!
Super climb out to 'speck-in-the-sky' height too.

'Electric Aeroplane Company' used to sell these motors too but perhaps HET are no longer in general circulation/use(?).

Some surgery needed on the fuselage nose to allow fitment of a front former, easy enough though.
My 'Easy Glider' is now 5 years old and still flying (well) on this motor. Wings a bit 'sloppy' and loose fitting on the 'stronger' carbon rod spar I substituted for the kit supplied one.

Full up ailerons don't have a great deal of effect as spoilerons on mine, it still goes up in strong lift with them deployed!!!