pulse xt 40 throttle connection

jonathan wood 1

Advert

I think you're all over complicating it!  I bought a Pulse 40 with an SC52 and then de-slimed it for clean power, but here's how it was mounted with the throttle servo in the cockpit and the control rod running along the top of the nose in a tube.

I'll second Bruce's method. 
When i converted my AcroWot from 2 to 4 stroke, I bent the existing wire throttle pushrod up at 90 degrees to line up with the carb and trimmed it to end about 1/2" below the hole in the throttle arm.  Then I fitted the ball half of a ball-link to the carb throttle arm, with the socket part of the ball link pushed over the end of the now vertical pushrod.   The ball link can slide up and down on the pushrod to match the radial movement of the carb throttle arm.

having spent not little a little time squinting somewhat maliciously at the offending throttle connection and bending and rebending my test wire i arrived at what i believe may be a solution. unfortunatly it was at this point that the thread on the carb barrel broke off! i,ve ordered a replacement and if my new system works i will give details of bends and connections for anyone else who may wish to fit an sc 52 type 4 stroke to a pulse 40. thanks simon for the photos of servo relocation, neat idea but definatly more complicated than bendig wire! ( though possibly less time consuming ! )

• 2 weeks later...