What is passable quality on kits?

I am new to the hobby and just assembling my first kit,a WOT4.
A s i am getting into the build the more dissappointed i am with the quality.
The fuse covering as long bubbles here and there in the covering which i ignored,things can not be perfect.But in side the fuse the servo tray does not touch one side of fuse and the triangular braces at the bottom near captive nuts is near nonexistant on one side.I have had to buy triamgular wood to fill the gaps.
Just got to the tail and thats full of long bubbles /ripples.
So i thought i would check the wings and full of long ripples and bubbles but the worst is the ailerons,bubbles the width of the piece.
The best bits are the rudder and elevator.
I just paid 30 quid for a iron thinking  the  ripples/bubbles will dissapear with a touch of that.no way.
Is this normal on mass produced kits.For someone like me to get that looking good is beyond my skill.Bit of a let down really.And who wants to go back to a full models shop and ask if this is ok?

Advert

Gary,

I'm afraid wrinkles and bubbles are a bit "par for the course" on a lot of cheaper ARTF's. As Myron says - this is not a kit, its an ARTF!

I'm surprised that you can't get the wrinkles out with an iron though. Try very carefully upping the heat and apply it over the wrinkles. They wont disapear instantly - but they should shrink out as the film cools. Be careful with that extra heat - try it somewhere inconspicuous first!

BEB 

If the iron doesn't work, try a heat gun, but it really ought to be a temperature controlled one, and even then be careful. If the bubbles are over balsa, and not just in the spaces between, then I have pricked the bubbles in several places, and then I could shrink the bubbles away.

ARTFs are supposed to be getting better, heaven knows how bad they must have been if thats the case.