Blackhorse CAP232 50cc size

I've just had a structural wing failure resulting in the total loss of this model. The model was performing a slow outside knife edge circle on about half throttle when the starboard wing split at a point adjacent to the wing tube stop.
  The motor was a CRRC Pro 50cc, which is within the design perameters for this model.
   I wanted to bring this to the attention of Forum members, since there is obviously no means of checking the integrity of the construction and given the size of the model, could have had some serious consequencies. Fortunately no one was hurt on this occasion.
   I was wondering if anyone else has had any contruction issues with Blackhorse models because it's the last one I will ever buy!!
                                                                                  Les Turrall

Advert

• 3 years later...

Just come across this thread. I have had the Cap 232 for some years now and originally had a CRRC pro 50cc fitted. I found this far too much power for my style of flying and have now fitted a DLA 32cc engine. The combination in my opinion is just perfect.

I have not had any quality issues other than the pilot shook loose while the 50cc engine was fitted, fiddly to refit.

With the 32cc engine the model is a delight to own and fly.