Arising Star

Following a crash yesterday (a tree jumped out in front of me) my Arising Star needs repair to the fuselage. I notice that the sides are constructed of 3/16 ply. I am finding difficulty in locating 3/16 ply in any of the model shops. Can someone please point me in the direction of a supplier.

All the best

Chris

Advert

Hi Chris, Like Martin I cant see the Fuz. built from 3/16 ply. Are you measuring at a doubler point. Most model shops stock 1/8 ply. I have looked in all of B&Q type stores hoping to find 1/8 ply with no success at all. Best of luck with the repair, hope it's flying again soon. AllanJ...TTFN

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris.

I had some great fun with the arising star when I first started flying. Best way to repair is to use some 1/8th ply from your local model shop and laminate it with some balsa to give you the same thickness as the original fuz. Dont worry it will be well strong eough, use the old damaged section(s) as a pattern and graft into onto the fuz.

Good luck with the repair and get it flying again.

Regards

Deadwood