Mini E Panic

Advert

Here was mine.. a little under powered (I rated the motor a wee bit small) but nevertheless aerobatic. And yes, a small church roof was installed to get the CoG correct even with a 2200MaH battery!

I have to admit that the instructions were poor. I threw them away and built it from instinct!

2014-02-16 14.09.25.jpg

Edited By Stevo on 18/02/2014 17:08:01

Loving the Panics, currently mine has a 250mw VTX on it and can be seen doing FPV aerobatics over Melton Mowbray airfield! (Flat spins are violent enough to make me dizzy and sick!)

Good luck with the maidens. Oh and I set the CG at the recommended point initially but it's not very sensitive to it and climbing flat spins can only be done with a very rearward CG. Still flies ok so it's not something to overly worry about.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi, Don't know if anyone can help me on this. I bought a Mini Panic about ten years ago and I'm only just getting around to building it due to family circumstances. The kit I've got came without the foam spacer for the wing ribs build. I was wondering if anybody had a old/spare one. Tried contacting Avicraft but got no response so far

I have measured the rib spacing on my old Mini Panic and generally they are at 80mm centres. You could make up a spacer to suit.

Not sure about the centre section of the wings as that is sheeted and I cannot see the ribs. Also between ribs 4 and 5 in the lower wing (taking the tip rib as No1) there is a supplementary rib spaced at 25mm from rib 5 to provide support for the aileron servo.

Hope this helps.

pete