IAWNSKI SAYS HELLO FROM FORTLAUDERDALE

iawnski

hi guys hope u havent missed me ,i am in the states at the mo and guess what i just had a parcel delivered to my hotel from a well known pss maker in texas and hes sent me a    A10 cant wait to make a start on it when i get home next week, so from a 102 degrees temp here phew c u all soon iawnski

Advert

I did the same in the USA some time back. I took 2 kits as hand baggage into the cabin. Both were taped and wrapped together as a single parcel. The carrier and customs, either Virgin or AA, had no trouble (it was a two centre holiday Orlando and Mexico).

Previously did the same with a Gee Bee kit. No issue at all, any where.

That was until we got back to the UK for an internal transfer, where it was a no no. No end of a run around. Talk of bureaucracy.

The only issue in Mexico, was the concept of a model airplane, when described as a toy, perfectly happy.

Grays in Orlando had good prices back then. Some errr, probably 3 years back.

erfolg got my a10 from leading edge i  had it delivered to my hotel in miami no probs ,the prob was the size of the box its massive well packed to be fair, so i bought some bubble wrap and covered all the parts in it ( still  a little big) for the  cabin in the plane but i thought i would try it ,and low and behold no probs in cabin from miami to heathrow, then they got a bit awkward in heathrow but let me take it on PHEW,so now its ready to build yeaaaaaaaa