72" Vulcan build

andy watson

Posted by Tinpusher on 25/10/2010 19:53:24:
Andy,

there is some time left until Christmas, so maybe you are interested in this EDF Vulcan project from Germany:
The model has 65" wingspan and is built after the plan set from Mr. Cyril Carr that I received back in 1999 (!) in balsa and ply, covered with glass and epoxy. Powered by two Jepe 5s Fans with two 80 Amp ESCs, 5s2p Kokam 5000 Lipos. Weight as shown is 5kg an bungee launched. Just two flights so far, but from the first second on a joy to fly. Lots of power for nice climb-outs, scale cruise with 1/3 throttle. I will add some scale details in winter and paint her in a 1970's scheme next spring.

Frank

Hi Andy - think you were trying to contact me .  Yes my picture with the Vulcan - please send email again can chat   work weekends though . 

[email protected]    Vulcan edf project     utube     vulcan edf

Advert

Posted by Tinpusher on 25/10/2010 19:53:24:
Andy,

there is some time left until Christmas, so maybe you are interested in this EDF Vulcan project from Germany:
The model has 65" wingspan and is built after the plan set from Mr. Cyril Carr that I received back in 1999 (!) in balsa and ply, covered with glass and epoxy. Powered by two Jepe 5s Fans with two 80 Amp ESCs, 5s2p Kokam 5000 Lipos. Weight as shown is 5kg an bungee launched. Just two flights so far, but from the first second on a joy to fly. Lots of power for nice climb-outs, scale cruise with 1/3 throttle. I will add some scale details in winter and paint her in a 1970's scheme next spring.

Frank

Some nice model ,

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Posted by Gary Vinten 1 on 30/06/2012 21:27:13:

Hi can anybody tell me where i may get the planes for this fantastic jetyes

Hi Gary,

if you are referring to my build, I can tell you that it is based on the plans once offered by Cyril Carr. I ordered the plan back in 1999 when the model was featured in am RC magazine. It looks like the plan is no longer available (http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=45484&p=2).

There is a video of my model, if you are interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWX2l-vUOT4&feature=plcp

It was a very windy day and in the meantime I have learned to fly (and land) her much slower smile