Hawker Hunter

Advert

Ok sorted everything, it was some settings on the ESC, after a few plays I got the power train to work... reliably

Took the Hunter out and gave her a blast! WOW dont under estimate a Hacker A50-14s on this type of model as it flew like a jet a full taps and scale at 1/2 throttle! The vertical was not to my expectations but thats due to the AUW, however the fast bombing runs are not for faint hearted, easy 1-- club! One thing when you fly fast the tail sways side to side like a snake, i presue this is a problem with the mid tail tailplane and with the long fuz prop wash?

Time for landing in gusty conditions prooved now that this is far from a beginners model, with the wind all over the shop I came in with speed, no slowing down so a touch and go was called for! however one of the wheels decided to come off the axle so it was destined for a belly up which was uneventful and no damage after the second attempt, although a bit fast again to penatrate the wind!

I have some pics but the website aint having it tonight so will try upload again later! The Hunter looks really scale in the sky, is quiet, only time you hear it is full taps over the strip! Not my everyday Sunday flier but sure one to make the knees wobble abit on the landings otherwise it needs to be treat with respect and flown otherwise it will end in pieces!

Well done Dusty, great reading. Glad you got everything sorted before your trip and appreciate the tips on the flying characteristics the Hunter has displayed. I will tuck the gen away and revisit the "Knowledge" before attempting flight trails on mine. Have a good safe trip.
All the best

• 6 months later...
Rather than start a new thread, maybe popping info on this old one is better ?? (if not, delete thispost Tim, nobig deal, just info from the latest stock)

My Hawker Hunter arrived today & i have spent the past hour or so fitting all the fuse together (temp), just to see what the fan does

I have the Lander 2399kv motor, fully charged 6S/3000/20c 750w on the dot !
Turnigy plush 80a ESC, low timing.

I thought maybe the difference was the lower kv motors mentioned but mine is def marked 2399.

Not too concerned, building it fairly light i think 750 will do me