Seagull sea fury

Phil  Claridge

sadly i have my sea fury up for sale or swop she is not suitable for my new flying site. she has all 9 servo's fitted futaba3003 and 3004 x8 and super tec 139 gh retract servo, tank and engine mount she has only had three flights since i got her. i believe she was unflown when i bought her. there is some mior cosmetics need tidying but she is ready to fly. flies well on sc91 two stroke. i'm looking for £60 or swops why i can throw in an sc 108 for £15
pm me if your interested. will have to be collected
regards phil

Advert

Shaun,If you had visited the lovely Phil and his wife you would not believe the number of models engines boats and goodness knows what else he has accumilated,makes my lounge positively bear,Thanks Phil lovely meeting you,which of us will get the model up first,dont take the Space Walker upstairs five minutes and itll be 5 models deep

ha ha the space walker is smaller than the fury, and the wings are in two halves so i have room now for one or two more models (dont tell the wife).  i was sorry to see the fury go, so i will burrow through the heap and resurect my old spitfire. it was nice to meet you stephen but i cant beleive i let you get away with only one model. hope you feel better soon
regards phil

With Phils permission Id like to contnue this thread as I was fortunate enough to Do A Deal with him and acquire this lovely model.Since joining the Forum Ive followed the Electric Sea Fury Thread avidly so when I was fortunate enough to get this model I was keen to "Join IN" Sadly Ive been banished,cast out .I have the Motor Speed controller and battery to go electric.The model certainly lends itself to the conversion as there is plenty of room.however I did get the model  and the engine Phil had flown it with.The model has had little use and is in excellant condition.There is a small amount of work to be done but within a few days it wiill be ready. acquired the model from Phil complete minus only the receiver in a straight swop.I had for 2 years been looking at a Seagull Space Walker I put together in electricand has been an ornament in my bedroom ever since.In fact during that time the lady pilot has been the only one to share my bedroom with me ,but enough of that nonsense,model aircraft donr nag,or cook.Id never flown the Space Walker its most exciting moment  in its life was when one of the cats was sick over it.I did clean it off Phil honest.My flying direction has taken me further away from the Space Walker and I had decided the next model wouls be the Sea Fury.My enthusiasm had been constantly fed by Danny and Shaun in there Electric thread and I was on the  Edge of my Seat  when Shaun was trying to get his ready to fly with Scott,Chris and Danny at  Greenacres.Sadly as we now know Shaun had the misfortune to crash on his maiden writing off his lovely model and all the work he had put onto it..

On Wednesday of this week I travell ed to Bognor Regis met Phil and we completed our deal.The engine was removed and Phil had flown without the cowl,and the cowl mounts all needed replacing.The pilot was a chinese mimime and had to go.I down loaded the insruction manual from Seagull so ideal to refer to when necessary.My enthusiastic instructor arrived on friday and to say he was less than enthusiastic about the model is a massive understatement.He told me the Harmon Rocket was a handfull and got that one completely wrong,so as usual I ignored his critsism.He did say the engine was to small,its  at the lower end of the recommended power unit but as its all set up for that engine and eager to get it in the air,and as Phil has already flown with this set up  thats my initial plan.Phil did a deal with Myron on the engine and it looks as new.Last night was the first chance to gat my hands on the Sea Fury I was complting a repair on my Pasadena Special so at 10 pm last night it was on th work bench.My first job was to remove the damaged cowl mounts.Imade new ones from a piece of engine mount I had left over from my flair Cub build and had just enough for all the mounts..I also removed the canopy and swopped pilots the new on just fitting. Once the mounts had dried  I then fitted the engine back in so as to line up the cowl.the engine was soon in place.The cowl has the worst cut outs you can imagine and they need a good tidy.I dont know what the original guy had in mind for some of them so there some work involved there.When I offered the cowl up it seems to go to far passed the engine and only just reaches the fuselage,may need to move the engine back there is room although I dont want to upset the C  of G but as it was midnight Id done enough