Fuel mix

BB

Advert

My vote's for 7.5 % - it gets trickier if you want to add one component e.g. nitro-methane as the oil and methanol percentages are then changed and it then takes a bit more thought to work out how much oil to add to maintain the same oil percentage.

The only other possible complication is if you're using 2 different makes and one measures by weight and the other by volume...

P.S. the only other other possible complication is that one fuel may have a different oil which might just conceivably have mixing problems but I don't think that's very likely. Whatever you use, mixing 50/50 will average whatever you've got! 

e.g. Fuel 1 - 73% Methanol  15% synthetic 2% castor 10% nitro
        Fuel 2 - 80% Methanol  15% synthetic 0% castor 5% nitro
Mixed Fuel - 76.5% Methanol  15% synthetic 1% castor 7.5% nitro

I'll stand by to see what the only other other other  complications are that the rest of you can think of!

Edited By Martin Harris on 17/08/2010 11:52:25

Thanks Martin, its appears my 'general' assumption is correct.  I am assumming the both mixes contain castor & Methanol.  Though the degree or change in these is no more than 4% either way.  So don't really factor in a genralization.

BB