Blackhorse Stuka

Grahamd

Advert

• 1 month later...
I was really smitten by the Blackhorse Stuka, that Graham is building but I find Foam models easy to repair; thats why I can't go for the Blackhorse model.   Plus, I had decided  not buy any more models as I have 8 other models taking up room in the Garage.    They include B25, Mustang, Stearman. Giant Cessna,Magister (not Miles), Minimag, Funcub and a Arising Star.   Having only recently passed my "A"with the Arising Star (I/C) I 've only flown electrics.    All my models are electric and foam apart from the Stearman.   That and the B25, Mustang and Cessna, I've not flown yet, as I'm wanting to get more experiance flying the Multiplex Magister.  BUT, with this weather I'm getting frustated with no regular flying (any let-up in the weather however, I fly!).  All my models are complete, so I've got nothing to do !!   Thats why after seeing Grahams, Stuka, it set me off.  Eric.

• 1 month later...
I have seen this fly, he wasn't very happy I think, but to be honest, it looked pretty good, just as I expected it to fly in all honesty, very draggy, will drop a wing if pushed [that said, it seemed to have to be REALLY pushed], but it looked nice and scale, I'm sure he will get to like it as he get's used to it [throw's mainly, I though there was possibly too much elevator, and the flaps caused it to damn near loop when they were used! A bit of mixing sorted that out on flight 2], I think he came to the field with a bit of a downer on the model as clearly it's been built down to a price, and he hated building it, all the guy has ever built before is Hanger 9 stuff....yeah, it would be a bit of a shock!

He had a CCRC 26 petrol fitted.....nice combo. By all accounts, it's exactly the right size, the installation certainly looked very neat.

By the way, FMS have a Stuka [foam] out later this year, 1400mm span, Tank Buster version by all accounts with those great big 30mm cannons hanging off the wing.