Blackhorse Stuka

Grahamd

Blackhorse (ripmax) suggested the new Stuka model (1.20) would be released early July, then kept delaying, and suddenly a few kits got released, and I was lucky enough to nab one at the nats from Inwoods.

I've been looking for a largish warbird that I can electrify and this one fits the bill, as the YT one is a bit heavy, and the GP one looks like a cartoon mockup.

Wingspan: 1920mm (75.6in)
Length: 1560mm (61.4in)
Weight: 5.5kg (12.13lbs)
Servos: 9 Servos (5 x 5kg, 2 x 8kg, 2 x std)
IC Engine: .91 - 1.20 size 4-stroke, .91 size 2-stroke
Electric Motor: KMS Quantum 4130/07 or 5321/14   
Speed Controller  Arrowind 80A SW or Opto required
LiPo: 6S to 8S 5500mAh+ Li-Po recommended

Heres a few pics from BH

The description talks of electric as an option, but the manual only states Glow or Petrol? Either way its getting one of these stuck in it.

Advert

Spent a few minutes checking the box contents, not bad, the olios are real nice, but the canopy is going to have to come off, it looks a bit cartooney.

The ailerons and flaps are hinged fairly scale ish

Even the servo access panels in the wing, already have the mounting points pre joined

Looks really good.Is the wing a one piece and where does the retract servo fit.On the BH Tomahawk, the wings bolt on to the side of the fuselage and a couple of guys have reported failings on the retracts.the retract servo is mounted in the centre of the fuselage which really means its best to leave the model built.Il be watching this thread with great interest

Thought I'd share some of the components in this kit (ARF)

No plastic horns, only ally

A nice scale spinner complete with ally backplate

I love this tailwheel, not only steerable (controled within the fuz), but also sprung

I like the supplied mains, not only is it sprung, its light and strong, best feature is they have added his brace to stop them bending backwards on landing, hopefully overrkill

I've installed the flap servos (two in each wing - JR591s)

Now unlike a lot of people, I'm sorry but I aint into extension leads, even using them lead fastners, I've always cut, soldered and extended my servo leads, and NEVER had one fail.

I cut and add the length I need, then solder them, and sleeve them indivdually

Finally I add another bigger bit of heatshrink over the top of the three

Incidently no plastic horns in this kit

Well without doubt installing the undercart (mains) has got to be amongst the top list of "jobs I hated" on this model  >

My advice to anyone following, is assemble them using clamps and check/bend/adjust everything till it fits dead on, coz wants you install it in the wing, and then add the spat, jeeze does it all go down hill fast if you don't.

Just as well the spats are GF, had they been abs they would have split many times over. The two swinging arms have to be spot on, otherwise you cannot slide in the axle, also the wheels need to be drilled out to fit, and being nylon hubs, thats fun in its self. At the same time you have to push down on the olios whilst holding the side clamps in place, whilst pushing the axle into the holes, whilst holding the spat down and out of the way, and whilst slipping on the wheel collets  :banghead: Just to get to this stage you need to try and slip the spat over the olio and side arms, and that will only go one way.....

total time to install ONE wheel and spat ? 4 hours (I even had to walk out of the workshop (spare bedroom) for a while to cool down!!!)
ARGH got another one left to do.....