hobby king bad service issue

Hi all I was just wondering how many people have had bad service from hobby king.
I placed an order for $183.00 worth of goods on the 21/03/2010 the order was confirmed as dispached.
after 7 or 8 emails backward's and forward's the goods or refund have not been received I have been fobbed of with three emails saying they are waiting for a response from hk post over the last three months but only when prompted by me for a status update.
has anyone else had this problem and what was the out come.
needless to say I am pretty peeved to say the least.

Advert

Most sellers in the east are experts in dragging things out until it is too late to do anything about it.

Golden rule is to lodge a dispute with paypal or the card company well within the time limits, ignore the stories, promises and pleadings from the seller.

If it turns up, you can always pay for it again, but once the time limit has passed, the money is usually gone for good.

Not pointing fingers at hobby king,  just going from past experiences with hong kong and china

I have bought a number of items from HobbyKing over the last two or three years, never had a problem with them. The goods seem to take longer than they used to  (3 weeks approx.) but not 5+ months!

They even replaced a dodgy Turnigy motor within a couple of weeks.
How did you pay? I assume PayPal, so you should have proof of payment. Could they be held up in Customs?

all previous orders on the same details have arrived ok just this one got lost just my luck it was the dearest one I placed with them I now use giant cod and robot birds for most of my stuff but they dont do the range so im waiting patiantly for this to be sorted as i am desperate to place another order with them but im a bit iffy about their after sales service given the way i have been treated.

Posted by inspector9566 on 01/09/2010 19:23:35:
paypal was used but i ran out of time to claim i fell for the we will look into it for you line.
I have checked customs and theres no sign of it.

What about claimng from the card compant that funded the paypal payment?

Paypal don't like to tell you about it, as they don't like chargebacks, it creates work and risk for them to get it back from the seller

As I have just posted elsewhere, I have just 'received' a package from HobbyKing which has taken eight days instead of the expected 3 weeks. Seems to be a lottery as to how long the shipment takes!

Edited By Richard Bond on 02/09/2010 13:34:26

• 3 weeks later...