How much wind for zagi

Advert

Depends on the version of the model.
The Zagi THL is very light (THL=Thermal) and is good down to almost nothing on a decent hill. The there is the LT with an EPP D Box for slightly higher winds and the full EPP version which starts to need ballasting over 25mphish.
They're not the best models for big blows. - Not very slippery you see.

Which one is yours?

Andy

if your slope soaring one then ive found that  a moderate lift slope itll go in about 12mph, depends how you built it though as if you build one a bit heavy with standard radio gear, lots of lead in the nose and lots of cross weave tape over the whole wing and then a heavy iron on covering it, it may be indestructible but will neeed more lift than one using lighter radio gear, less lead, crossweave tape and a lighter covering. of course on a wing your setup is important too because if your eleveons are slightly too up they will act like spoilers meaning youll need more wind / lift to stay up.

what wind..? well thats a relative term. Lift is effected by more than just wind: as the slope you choosto fly off and the air temperature also play a part.. you might need 18mph off a shallow slop in mid winter but only 12mph for a steeper slope in summer when the air is warmer

i bought a zagi some years ago becuase it was a cheap mnodel and i was a learner back then. however if you are going to stay with foamie wings there ae a lot of other well respected "epp wings" out there that fly well  and some of NFCM models are pretty popular.

jp-si.......... I had one of those,I though it was a poor model and it helped me develop an aversioin to both zagis and epp, which is no bad thing!

That being said, it would depend on your bridge. If it's got a  (arch) underneath, it's not going to generate any lift. Being high up is not the point - it's wind being forced up a slope of some sort that generates lift.