Size Zero.jpg

Myron Beaumont

Advert

Peter

Do you remember the Peacemaker (talking of control liners ) Aldrich ? that would loop on a sixpence  .I reckon it would make a lovely R/C project I have never really understood just why it was endowed with such manoeverability .Is it the highish  tail or what  Not huge elevator was it     -  On the conterary ! In those days I was into combat & stunters like my scaled down Nobbler  With coupled flaps &  elevator  Powered by a Frog 249 Bring back the 4 leaf clover etc    Sorry  I'm probably off thread AGAIN

The Peacemaker was a classic. I keep thinking about another one. Greenair Designs do a kit of it now. I don't know what made it so good. The pollywog section may have had something to do with it because I remember a man call Johnson did a big C/L sunter of the Stuka, it was very close to scale compared with Don Still's Stuka.

The Johnson Stuka didn't have flaps but did use the pollywog section. I seem to remember that he used that because it worked so well in tight manueovres .

SO  You remember Proper marmalade  Luxury   What do YOU know about tight manoeuvres  .Did you in your middle age collect the "golliwogs". I did and got sick of golden shred every day for my dinner ! I ended up with hundreds  Unfortunately I never got my Enamelled wolligog  --Left it too late !   Then of course they were banned .  Going back to a part of the thread  Whatever it was    OH yes  'Er indoors wants me to make some lingerie out of see-through solarfilm  .The Peacemaker has a very rounded front edge to the mainplane  which enables one to pull around tight corners  Now I'm getting confused  .Time for a drop of methanol laced with castor oil to keep me well oiled & regular