Conversion to Electric

JayCee

Hi Tim

Good point didn't think of that!

Done the test again, I haven't got another watt-meter but I have a Lipo Monitor which I plugged into the balance plug on the Battery.

The start voltage (no Load) was 16.5volt showing on the Watt-meter and total cell count on the monitor was identical 16.5volts

Full throttle (full load) battery voltage dropped to 14.87 showing on the Watt-meter and 14.8 volts on the monitor.

Max amps 54.03 showing on watt-meter, watts showing 842.3 Watts

14.87 x 54.03 = 803.42 watts not sure why there is a small discrepancy, guess the readings are averages.

So I guess that's what I have got!

JC

Well as I have said before - at least twice - dont believe the data sheets - sometimes a rogue motor slips through that maybe has a shorted winding or two, someone packs the wrong model in the box. sticks the wrong label on etc.
I would believe the wattmeter, and therefore prop down a tad to avoid burning it out, of course, it could be that the motor is actually rated higher than the specs say, and as its not especially hot after use, it may well be good to go.

I have to agree with Tim, I have had (on more than one occasion) a totally different motor supplied than I had ordered. One of the first things I do is use a printed CD rom disk (printed black and white quarters) on the motor to give me the no load speed. I use this to work out the rpm per volt, or KV of the motor. I think this is where your discrepancy is creeping in. This motor sounds as though the Kv is much higher than specified......

Cheers
Danny