Hi all

Huggy

Started out in aeromodelling as a kid, like you did back then, had another burst of activity when raising my own in the 80s, then started again from scratch around 2000. A free-flight man at heart, frustration at lack of places to fly FF, and indeed lack of calm weather to do it in, together with better and cheaper equipment  on the market, brought me recently into RC, which I’d studiously avoided these many years - and I'm lovin' it!

Electric power is my favourite these days, though I retain a diesel engine or two for reasons of nostalgia, with good old fashioned rubber for lightweight FF things indoors. Not yet confident to tackle radio flying within walls, but I’m working on it. 

Can’t be doing with helicopters, and not sure that huge psycho jets should be flown by anyone but the best pilots, at shows or anywhere else,  otherwise I like all sorts of flying machines and intend to build / fly as many as time and a rather small shed allow in the coming years. 

I belong to the Hastings 1066 club down on the sunny (and often surprisingly windy) Sussex coast, and enjoy an occasional trip to Old Warden or the Medway club site for free flight sessions, and indoors it’s generally the Tonbridge club’s admirable Angel Centre nights when a free Saturday coincides with one of their dates.

I'm finding RCME to be one of the best magazines for sound practical articles, plans and whatnot, rather than just reviewing yet another expensive ARTF beast on every other page like some do…. And this here forum seems full of knowledgeable gents of all denominations so….. it’s Hello from Me.

> 

Advert

Ooh now thats an idea Biggles Snr !  Just had a look online, and I see that RC Pitstop, where I bought my Cub at a bargain price, have  it on their site , and it's Bind n Fly for Spektrum too, so could be just the job. Might have to go on my list for Christmas ......  thanks

Posted by Huggy on 24/09/2010 19:05:26:
Posted by David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 24/09/2010 17:11:08:
Hi Huggy and welcome, you know, I think I might know you

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 24/09/2010 17:45:19

In a good way I hope David!   

oh yes, seen you at the Tonbridge indoor sessions......must remember to make the next one.

Posted by David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 25/09/2010 06:35:12:
Posted by Huggy on 24/09/2010 19:05:26:
Posted by David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 24/09/2010 17:11:08:
Hi Huggy and welcome, you know, I think I might know you

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 24/09/2010 17:45:19

In a good way I hope David!   

oh yes, seen you at the Tonbridge indoor sessions......must remember to make the next one.

Ah right yes! There's one tonight, and I have a wedding to attend, then next one also otherwise engaged, typical huh?  Have pencilled dates from Nov - March in and hoping for the best - might have to trek up to Wallingford in October, long way to go but at least you know what the weather indoors will be like when  you get there!