DX6i---AR500

Flash1

Can anyone tell me how to program an AR500 to a DX6i.
Model is Easy Glider PRo.
If I stick the two aileron plugs into the two aileron sockets on the receiver they both move the same way.
A friend suggested that I have to use a mixer.
Can anyone tell me how to do this.

Advert

Choices
1) Use the the Y leaded two aileron channels and fit one servo in such a way as to have the output arm moving in the opposite direction to the other ( as hinted at by Hamish )
2) Use a reversing lead on one of the servos.
3) Use one aileron channel, and one gear channel - then use the Tx mix to master and slave them both together, using the tx servo-reverse as required on one of them.

In a single servo aileron setup the left aileron is connected to the left of the servo arm and the right aileron to the righthand  side of the arm. Consequently they move in opposite directions even though the servo moves one way.
Its the side you take the movement fron the servo arm that counts!

Hi Flash.

I take it that you  have mixed aileron master to gear slave.

If so you need to set the gear servo travel to 0% and 0% otherwise an accidental flick of the gear switch will move only the aileron on the gear channel - not pretty when in mid air!

This appears to be getting very complicated with mixes involved. 

I have 2 servos lying on there sides on the bench.  There bases are touching and the data cable are side by side, which is the orientation they would be in the wing.   Servo arms are pointing upwards.  If I move the aileron stick they move in opposite directions with no mixes involved, which is what is required. 

Have you tried this as this is how it should work?